General Requirements for Financial Aid
eligibility for most federal and state student aid programs is based on financial need. to have his/her financial need determined, a student must complete and file the fafsa and nys tap applications.
沙巴体育备用网址for federal and state financial aid programs, a recipient must:
- Be a high school graduate or hold a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Be enrolled at Herkimer College in a program leading to a degree or certificate
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Maintain the standards outlined in the Academic Requirements for financial aid
- Not be in default on any government loan and owing a refund on any previously received federal grant
- Sign certifying statements on the FAFSA, such as agreeing to use federal student aid funds only for educational expenses
Selective Service Registration
沙巴体育备用网址Most male students between the ages of 18 and 25 must register with Selective Service to receive federal student aid. Student’s who must register, may request to be registered on the FAFSA form or they can also register online at .
Drug Related Convictions
A student convicted of the sale or possession of illegal drugs may have federal student aid eligibility suspended if the offense occurred while the student was receiving federal student aid. If a student has a conviction(s) for these offenses, he or she should call Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4 FED-AID. A worksheet will be required for the student to complete to determine whether the conviction affects your financial aid status. Please understand that a drug conviction does not necessarily disqualify you from receiving student aid.
沙巴体育备用网址registered students will be notified each semester by the financial aid office that a drug conviction may affect their financial aid eligibility.